From vintage radios to the most advanced touchscreen stereos, Boss is manufacturing countless car stereos of different specifications every year. However, the huge number of stereos makes it difficult for users to choose the right one that checks all the boxes.
To choose the best Boss car stereo, you must check the stereo style, audio quality, user interface, display resolution, customer ratings, price, etc. Besides, if you want to play music from your phone, make sure the stereo you choose has Bluetooth connectivity.
If you're looking for the perfect one for your car, we got your back. Let's have a look at the 10 best stereos from boss audio system that pack all the modern features and meet your budget too.
Jump To Contents
- Top 10 Boss Audio Car Stereo Systems - Quick Summary
- In-Depth Reviews of 10 Best Boss Car Stereos/Head Units
- 1. Best Double Din: BOSS Audio Systems BV9364B Car Stereo
- 2. Best Single Din: BOSS BCPA9RC Floating Screen Car Stereo
- 3. Best for Touchscreen: BOSS BVCP9700A 7-inch 2 Din Stereo
- 4. Best for Navigation: Boss BVNV9384RC GPS Head Unit
- 5. Best Flip Up: BOSS BV9976B Single Din Car Audio Receiver
- 6. Best for Quality: BOSS BV765BLC Elite Series Car Stereo
- 7. Best Rated: BOSS 616UAB Multimedia Single Din Car Stereo
- 8. Best Value: BOSS BV9358B 6.2 Inch Double Din Car Stereo
- 9. Best for Old Car: BOSS 611UAB 1 Din Multimedia Head Unit
- 10. Best for CD Player: BOSS 850BRGB Double Din Car Stereo
- Wrapping Up!
Top 10 Boss Audio Car Stereo Systems - Quick Summary
1. Best Double Din: BOSS Audio Systems BV9364B
"A feature-packed stereo with Bluetooth connectivity, responsive touchscreen, and powerful output, this car stereo has it all to please the ears of any music enthusiasts."
2. Best Single Din: BOSS BCPA9RC Floating Car Stereo
"With its Bluetooth connectivity, media compatibility, and customizable display, this system offers a lot of features for a great price."
3. Best for Touchscreen: BOSS BVCP9700A 7" Double Din Stereo
"Large display size, high resolution, touchscreen functionality, and adjustable brightness; it's a stereo that's both functional and user-friendly."
4. Best for Navigation: Boss BVNV9384RC Double Din
"The Boss BVNV9384RC is an excellent unit with a reliable navigation system, a large display, multiple navigation options, a user-friendly interface, and Bluetooth connectivity."
5. Best Flip Up: BOSS BV9976B Single Din
"Thanks to its flip-up display, rear camera, and built-in mic, this unit is an excellent choice for anyone looking to upgrade their car's audio system."
6. Best for Quality: BOSS BV765BLC Elite Series
"The BOSS BV765BLC Elite Series Car Stereo System is a high-quality audio system that delivers excellent sound quality, reliable electronic skip protection, and a range of advanced and useful features."
7. Best Rated: BOSS 616UAB Single Din
"A versatile and affordable car stereo system with CD player and wireless function. This head unit is great for its simplistic appearance and functionality."
8. Best Value: BOSS BV9358B Double Din
"If you're looking for a high-quality car stereo that delivers great performance and features at an affordable price, this is the one."
9. Best for Old Car: BOSS 611UAB Single Din Head Unit
"This unit stands out for delivering distortion-free, crisp, and clear sound at low and high volumes."
10. Best for CD Player: BOSS 850BRGB Double Din
"With its responsive interface, illuminated display and compatible multimedia players, this unit is a simple, classy, and unique choice for sure."
In-Depth Reviews of 10 Best Boss Car Stereos/Head Units
For this list, we've chosen the best Boss audio stereos of different styles. Here, you'll find some top-notch double and single din stereos. No matter what type of stereos you want, we got them all. So, let's dive into the details.
1. Best Double Din: BOSS Audio Systems BV9364B Car Stereo
A powerful stereo with all the advanced features, the Boss BV9364B has one of the best from the brand. It offers Bluetooth connectivity, hands-free calling, pre-amp output, and multiple media playback options.
This is perfect for people who are looking for a rather old-fashioned system but with a modern twist. You won’t find yourself lacking options as it has almost everything that you might need. However, you have to won't get Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
What we like about this stereo the most is the built-in DVD player. It allows you to watch movies or listen to music on the go. The 6.2-inch touchscreen display is clear from all angles and easy to use. Thanks to the user-friendly interface, you can easily navigate your music library or adjust the settings.
The system UI is also very modern-looking with a stylish dark mode. As the stereo has a smooth and responsive touchscreen, there's no safety concern while choosing or playing music files. The BV9364B also comes equipped with Bluetooth technology to connect your phone and stream music wirelessly.
So, you'll be able to play music through the stereo speakers. This feature is especially useful on long drives when you want to stay connected and entertained. Another great feature of this Boss stereo is the ability to customize the sound.
With multiple EQ presets and the ability to adjust the bass, treble, and balance, you can fine-tune the audio to your liking. The 80-watt x 4 Max power output ensures that your music will sound incredible both at high and low volumes. Altogether, it's a great choice if you want a high-quality stereo at an affordable price.
What Makes It Stand Out?
- High power output of up to 320 watts to deliver crisp and clear audio
- User-friendly UI with responsive touchscreen display ensure easy navigation
- Bluetooth connectivity to play media files directly from mobile
- Hands-free operation to accept and make calls for safe driving
- Features steering wheel interface, which lets you use the available functions through the steering wheel
- You can connect an extra screen for maximum viewing capacity thanks to its switchable video output
- Supports wireless streaming from Spotify and Pandora
What Could Be Better?
- Only four factory wallpapers are available
- The Equalizer comes with only three presets
- Bluetooth connectivity level could've been better
2. Best Single Din: BOSS BCPA9RC Floating Screen Car Stereo
Whether you're a music lover, a podcast addict, or just looking for a great way to stay connected on the road, this car stereo has everything you need to enjoy your ride in style. The stereo offers high power output, built-in equalizer, front and rear preamp outputs, Bluetooth audio streaming, etc.
Without a doubt, the main highlight of this car stereo is its large 9-inch floating screen. It is nonetheless a showpiece for your car and one of the top notch floating head units on the market. Actually, it will make your vehicle’s interior more premium looking while also making your car a lot smarter. With its vivid and bright display, outdoor visibility is very optimal. It provides a clear and vibrant display for all of your music and media. The interface is somewhat similar to the older iOS devices and it looks clean and vibrant.
Thanks to the intuitive touchscreen interface, the stereo allows you to access all the system's features with just a few taps. With its simple controls, you can easily switch between different audio sources, adjust the volume, and customize your sound with the built-in equalizer.
For wireless connectivity, you can use the Bluetooth feature to easily connect your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled devices to the stereo. This way, it allows you to stream music, take calls, and even control your phone's voice assistant through the car stereo's touchscreen.
Apart from Bluetooth, the BOSS BCPA9RC also offers a range of other connectivity options, including USB, SD card, and auxiliary inputs. The stereo also comes with a remote control device which is handy for passengers who want to adjust the stereo settings without having to reach for the touchscreen.
What We Liked
- Connects to iOS and Android devices wirelessly to stream music and videos
- Spotify and Pandora apps wirelessly available
- Adjustable settings for display, music, video, and other media streaming
- Remote control device for safer operation from a distance while driving
- Features both Europe and US tuner frequencies which are switchable
- Has Google Assistant on this stereo and get every job done
- Built-in preset EQ to change the music styles from Rock to Pop
- Supports up to 3 amplifiers or signal processors for better sound output
What We Didn't Like
- Slightly complicated for beginners
- Not durable enough
- No DVD or CD mechanism available
3. Best for Touchscreen: BOSS BVCP9700A 7-inch 2 Din Stereo
Want a smooth and fast touchscreen experience while driving? The BOSS BVCP9700A offers the best touchscreen functionality and numerous customizable settings to meet diverse needs.
What we like about this stereo are the adjustable EQ settings. With 18 different EQ presets, you can fine-tune the sound to your preferences. You can easily adjust the bass, treble, balance, and fader settings. This way, you can create a personalized audio experience that suits their unique preferences.
Another stand-out feature is the built-in amplifier that delivers powerful sound output, making it a great choice for enjoying all the high and low notes. The 7-inch display of this stereo is clear, bright, and highly responsive, making it easy to navigate through different menus and settings.
With the multi-color illumination feature, you can backlight the head unit with any color you want. Another useful feature is the ID3 tag which stores and displays handy data such as audio file titles, artist names, track numbers, albums, etc.
This stereo's USB 1A charging function was the first thing to trigger our minds. It can charge any of your devices during emergencies. So, next time you go on trips, you no longer need to carry those heavy power banks.
One drawback of the Boss BVCP9700A is that all its settings are controlled by the touchscreen. It would've been better if the volume and track changing options were adjustable by manual buttons as it's safer while driving.
What Are the Good Sides?
- Built-in amp delivers strong 340 watts output for top-quality sound
- Supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for interruption-free audio from mobile
- Smooth and fast touchscreen function
- 18 EQ presets to adjust the sound quality
- Rear camera automatically turns on when you reverse your vehicle
- The USB port in this stereo supports up to 32 GB storage for music and video playback
What Are The Drawbacks?
- Some installation instructions aren't clear
- No manual buttons for sound adjustment
- Update takes up to much time
If you like to go on long drives, the Boss BVNV9384RC will be an ideal option for smooth navigation. This car stereo comes packed with modern features and delivers a high-quality audio performance that will make your rides more enjoyable.
The Boss BVNV9384RC comes with pre-installed maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. To make the navigation system highly accurate, Boss has provided a detailed map with turn-by-turn directions to your destination.
As the GPS receiver is very sensitive and can lock onto satellites quickly, you'll never lose your way. Although the 6.2-inch display is highly responsive, it might be too short for some users. Besides, some users have complained that the display is less visible in bright sunlight.
Apart from the touchscreen control, there's an adjustable knob on the stereo to control the volume. So, you don't have to take your eyes off the road to adjust the volume while driving. All the inputs including the USB port, Aux, and SD card slot are placed on the front of the stereo, making it easier to access them for media connectivity.
With Bluetooth technology, you can stream audio from your smartphone. Besides, the stereo allows you to make hands-free calls with Siri or google voice commands. A wireless remote is also provided to access the key functions of the head unit from your palms.
What Are the Good Sides?
- 2D and 3D maps with multiple navigation options for accurate mapping
- Preamp delivers a maximum of 320 watts making all the notes crystal clear
- Responsive 6.5-inch display with zoom-in and out features
- Supports hands-free calling with voice commands when connected via Bluetooth
- Helps you with maps of over 50 states
- Comes with a built-in pre-set of EQ which allows you to choose the curves according to your mood and requirements
What Are The Drawbacks?
- Display seems too dark in bright sunlight
- No Bass, Mid, or Treble adjustments
- It doesn't support Apple carplay
5. Best Flip Up: BOSS BV9976B Single Din Car Audio Receiver
If you want a clean space on your dashboard and make it unique, the BOSS BV9976B is one of the best head units with a flip-up display you can get. From its motorized display to its illuminated volume, everything is safe, highly functional, and extremely modern.
Of course, the most notable feature of the BOSS BV9976B is its flip-up display. The 7-inch motorized touchscreen display is easy to use and provides a clear view of all the receiver's functions. You can adjust the display to a comfortable viewing angle which allows you to keep your eyes on the road while adjusting the receiver's settings.
When you don't need to work on the display anymore, just click a button and the display will be retracted automatically. This way, you get a neat look on your dash. As the expanded touchscreen is quite large, it provides ample space to interact with the device.
Another great feature of the BOSS BV9976B is the built-in rear camera. The camera makes it easy to reverse and park safely. It has a wide-angle lens that captures a clear view of the rear of the car so that you can quickly notice any obstacles that may be in the way.
Just like the previous models, this one also supports hands-free calling using Bluetooth. We like the built-in mic inside the stereo as it delivers great sound during the calls. So, you don't have to shout anymore to make the caller understand what you're saying.
The built-in mic is also great for voice commands so that you can adjust the receiver's settings without having to take your hands off the wheel.
What Are the Good Sides?
- Motorized flip-up display to save space and control media
- Built-in mic for clearer audio during calls and accepting commands more accurately
- Rear camera with a wide-angle lens helps in parking and reversing the vehicle
- Supports DVD, CD, SD cards, USB, and wireless connectivity to stream audio from compatible devices
- Comes with 16 million color variations in the multi-color illumination
What Are The Drawbacks?
- The instructions manual isn't much useful
- Poor radio reception
- Installation process isn't convenient enough
6. Best for Quality: BOSS BV765BLC Elite Series Car Stereo
When your priority is getting the best possible sound quality, look no further than the BOSS BV765BLC Elite car stereo. This impressive piece delivers exceptional sound quality, reliable electronic skip protection, and a range of features that make it a standout option for convenience and performance.
Without a doubt, the key highlight of this system is its sound quality. The BV765BLC boasts a powerful built-in amplifier that produces crystal-clear audio with plenty of volume and depth. As for the sound settings, the bass is punchy, the midrange is clear, and the highs are crisp and well-defined.
Whether you're listening to music or spoken word content, the sound quality is consistently impressive. If you like to play DVDs or CDs, the Electronic Skip Protection or ESP feature will be a standout.
This feature uses a memory buffer to store audio data and prevent skipping and interruption while you're driving. So, you can enjoy uninterrupted audio playback even if you hit a few bumps in the road or encounter other minor disturbances.
The stereo also packs features like Bluetooth connectivity, an SD card and USB support, an adjustable volume knob, an illuminated 7-inch display, and a built-in mic for the best audio experience.
Factors We Liked
- High preamp output and adjustable EQ settings deliver top-quality sound
- Lets you play trendy music apps like Spotify and Pandora
- ESP feature to prevent interruption-free streaming via DVDs while driving
- Illuminated LCD touchscreen and volume control knob for faster key adjustments
- Supports regular SD cards and micro SD cards to play music and display photos and videos
Factors We Didn't Like
- The SD card slot only accepts up to 32 GB cards
- Takes a lot of time to boot up
- The installation process acts inappropriately if you follow the manual guide
7. Best Rated: BOSS 616UAB Multimedia Single Din Car Stereo
Looking for a reliable car stereo that fits your budget? The BOSS 616UAB Multimedia Single Din Car Stereo is one of the best-rated head units that come at an affordable price. Its Bluetooth connectivity, USB port, and user-friendly interface make it a great option to enjoy uninterrupted music.
As this unit doesn't have a touchscreen display, it saves space and looks neat on your dashboard. Users like the Bluetooth connectivity feature of this stereo as other brands don't usually offer such an advanced feature at a low price.
With Bluetooth, you can easily connect your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled devices to the stereo and stream music wirelessly. Say goodbye to cords and cables and enjoy music directly from your phone.
In addition to Bluetooth, the BOSS 616UAB also has a built-in AM/FM radio tuner offering excellent reception and sound quality. You can also use the stereo's USB port to play music from a USB drive or charge your phone while you're on the road.
Thanks to the illuminated LCD and manual buttons, you easily navigate through the music files while driving at night. The stereo comes with a wireless remote control so that you can safely adjust the volume or change tracks while driving. It also has a built-in equalizer that allows you to customize the sound to your liking.
- Connects to iOS and Android devices to wirelessly stream media files
- Switchable tuner allows you to receive radio frequency from the US or Europe
- Supports up to 2 amplifiers or subwoofers to improve the sound quality
- Features a USB port to charge your phone and play music from a mobile or flash drive
- Ideal for people who want to hear music digitally without any CD mechanism
- Doesn't come with a DVD/CD player
- No touchscreen display for navigation
- Not compatible with ios apps or Apple carplay
- Might show connectivity issues sometimes
8. Best Value: BOSS BV9358B 6.2 Inch Double Din Car Stereo
It's not easy to find the best Boss audio head unit that's worth the cost. With all its audio playback features, the BOSS BV9358B offers the best value for your money.
With its 6.2-inch screen, this stereo offers plenty of space for displaying album artwork, song information, and more. The high-resolution display makes the media look crisp and clear. Whether you're navigating menus or watching videos, you'll be able to see everything clearly and easily.
Boss has created a unique RBDS tuner for this stereo. It allows you to receive traffic updates and other important information while on the road. As the stereo offers a range of EQ settings, you can fine-tune the sound and change the Bass, Mid, and Treble. Whether you prefer a bass-heavy sound or something more balanced, this stereo has it all covered.
From what we've seen, users love the BV9358B for its compatibility with steering wheel controls. Meaning, you can keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road while adjusting the volume or switching tracks.
It has LED illuminations around the buttons and the CD drive making it easier to navigate in darkness. The display has a pretty lackluster user interface so you’ll have to learn how to use it, but once you do, you’re all good.
- High-resolution 6.2-inch display delivers clear visuals
- Display light, wallpapers, orientation, etc., are easily adjustable
- Features RBDS tuner for channel information, traffic updates, sports score, song titles, etc.
- Compatible with steering wheel controls; allows you to control stereo keys without touching it
- Offers classic CD player, FM, and AM functions
- Helps you to stay alert while reversing the vehicle through the rear camera convenience
- The CD player stops playing as you turn on the backup camera
- Weak microphone for receiving calls
- Might take a few seconds to operate when you switch functions
- Tuner frequencies aren't top-notch
9. Best for Old Car: BOSS 611UAB 1 Din Multimedia Head Unit
Stereos that are available for older vehicles usually don't have any advanced features like wireless connectivity, USB port, or hands-free calling. Thanks to the BOSS 611UAB, you get all these handy controls even for your old vehicle at a reasonable price.
Thanks to the compact design and single DIN design, installation is a breeze. The wiring harness and installation hardware are also included to hook up the stereo and get it running quickly. However, the instruction manual might not be accurate, so take help from an expert if needed.
One of the stand out features of the BOSS 616UAB is its switchable tuner. The tuner makes it compatible with both FM/AM radio frequencies and digital media, giving you a wider range of options when it comes to listening to your favorite tunes. You can easily switch between the two modes with just the touch of a button.
Although this head unit doesn't have a DVD/CD player, it has USB charging and playback capabilities. The BOSS 616UAB comes equipped with a USB port, allowing you to charge your devices while on the go. Plus, you can play music from your USB drive, giving you even more options to choose the music that you like.
What Pros Did We Find?
- Illuminated LCD with bright lighting and easy-to-access buttons for easier navigation
- SD card slot and Bluetooth connectivity to connect and stream from mobile
- USB port with built-in 1A charger accepts USB flash drives and charges your phone
- ID3 tags to store and show necessary data about the music files
- Enjoy all functions while controlling them through your iPhone
- Extremely versatile with switchable high-end EQ frequencies
- All hands-free, wireless, voice-command activities
What Cons Did we Find?
- Low amp output; up to 200 watts only
- The head unit might become hot if played for extended periods
- No CD mechanism
- USB charging port isn't reliable enough
10. Best for CD Player: BOSS 850BRGB Double Din Car Stereo
To wrap up our list, we have an all-around Boss stereo with numerous input and output compatibility. With its high amp output, you can enjoy the best sound quality from your phone, SD card, DVD, or USB drive.
This system comes with an illuminated display with manual buttons and customizable colors. It allows you to easily control the playback keys and volume knob, especially during the night. You can easily customize the display color to match your car's interior lighting. Overall, this Boss audio head unit has an eye-catchy look that's also handy.
The stereo also features a front-facing 3.5mm AUX input for connecting to other audio devices. It has an advanced system that supports high-quality music files including MP3, WMA, and FLAC file formats.
For FM lovers, the BOSS 850BRGB also has a built-in AM/FM tuner with 30 station presets. As it includes a wireless remote control device, you get to adjust the stereo settings from a distance. This way, you don't have to take your eyes off the road to control the stereo function.
Boss has enhanced the safety features even further with its steering wheel controls and hands-free calling features. One drawback of this head unit is its small buttons which are a bit difficult to navigate while driving. Otherwise, the stereo is great for music enthusiasts as you get what you pay for.
- Accepts audio from multiple sources including mobile phones, DVDs, SD cards, and USB
- All the control buttons and ports are placed on the front for easy access
- Illuminated LCD with color changing option to match your car interior
- Built-in FM/AM tuner comes with 30 preset stations
- Amplifiers ensure that speakers produce high-quality sounds with maximum power
- No touchscreen display to access files and maps
- Smaller control buttons make navigation a bit difficult
- Durability should have been longer
Is Boss a good car stereo brand?
Yes, Boss is one of the most popular and reliable car stereo brands that combines advanced features and affordable prices. The brand has been around since 1987. Most Boss stereos produce high-quality sound that pleases both audiophiles and normies. However, the quality of the stereo might vary depending on the price point.
Who makes Boss car stereos?
Boss car stereos are manufactured by an American company called 'Boss Audio Systems'. The company is based in Oxnard, California. It was established by Sam Rabbani. Apart from car stereos, Boss Audio Systems also produces other car audio products such as amplifiers, speakers, subwoofers, and multimedia systems.
Do BOSS Audio Systems Support All Cars?
It depends on the type of audio system your car supports in general. There are mainly 3 types of audio systems. Single DIN, double DIN, and CD player-only. Considering the type of system your vehicle needs, BOSS provides you with audio systems of every type.
They make a wide range of products from every category, focusing on specific criteria. So, it’s safe to say that once you’ve learned the type of system you need, BOSS can provide you with a suitable audio system.
What Is The Difference Between Single DIN and Double DIN?
To put it simply, these terms refer to the size of the audio system slot that each car supports. A single DIN system will typically be 2 inches tall and 7 inches wide, while a double DIN system will be 4 inches tall and 7 inches wide.
It’s important to know which size your car supports to get a suitable audio system. Regardless. BOSS makes both single-DIN and double-DIN audio systems alongside some CD player-only systems. If You are about to know in-depth comparison and differences between these two types, Read This Article: caraudiohunt.com/single-din-vs-double-din-car-stereo.
Is Boss or Pioneer better?
Although it depends on individual preferences, Pioneer is a better car stereo brand when it comes to audio quality. Pioneer stereos are more modern with adjustable audio and visual settings. However, Boss stereos are more affordable and with higher RMS power bandwidth. We compared both the brands separately in-detailed, Here is the link: caraudiohunt.com/pioneer-vs-boss-car-stereo.
We're pretty much at the end of our write up. As we've broken down every significant fact regarding the stereos, we expect you to choose yourself one among these soon enough.
If you're still undecided about which one to choose, here's our final verdict. The BOSS Audio Systems BV9364B Car Stereo is our top pick for its features and functionality. It has a user-friendly interface and a highly responsive touchscreen display. The stereo supports Bluetooth connectivity and multimedia playback from SD cards and USB drives.
If you want a unique stereo on your dash, the BOSS BV9976B Single Din Car Audio Receiver with its flip-up display will be an ideal choice. Finally, for old vehicles, BOSS 611UAB Single Din Multimedia Head Unit is our recommendation.
However, feel free to compare these stereos with each other. And pick one according to your preferences. Time to wrap up the discussion on the best boss car stereos. Good luck!
Links of Related Reviews: